Movie "Princess' War"
music by Irena Scalerica
"Irena, your music is a great contribution to the success of the film."
Vladimir Alenikov, director
A few years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, a war is going on in Nagorno-Karabakh and Chechnya, refugees are looking for shelter in small towns. A small town Rosrentgen is divided between its two ruling adolescent gangs. Slavic girl nicknamed Princess and Karen, an Armenian boy fall in love. They are forced to fight their rights and their developed feelings for one another in the atmosphere filled with hate, cruelty and most significantly of all, religious and ethnic intolerance.
- • XXII International Children's Film Festival “Alye parussa” (“Scarlet Sails”) in Artek (Crimea)
Prize for Ekaterina Cherepukhina “For the excellent performance as Princess in the movie "Princess’ War "”.
• XVIII All-Russian Festival of Visual Arts in Orlyonok (Crimea)
— Prize "For the development of the theme of social problems in adolescence" (July, 2014)
— Prize for Ekaterina Cherepukhina "The best children's role." (July, 2014)
• IV International Film Festival "Light For the World" in Yaroslavl (Russia)
— Special Jury Prize "For a huge contribution to the improvement of the moral and ethical climate among youth, for the fight against aggression and ethnic hatred" . (June, 2014)
• XX Film Festival of Russian cinema in Cologne (Germany)
— Best film (May 2014)
• XIX Samara International Children Film Festival (Russia)
— Best Director (April 2014)
• “Gifts of the Magi” Barcelona International Children’s and Youth Film Festival (Spain)
— Grand-Prize (January 2014)
• XVII "Dark Nights" International Film Festival/Just film International Film Festival (division of films for children and youth) (Estonia)
— Special Jury Prize (November 2013)
• VII FILEM’ON International Children’s Film Festival (Belgium )
— Diploma "For an outstanding auteur film" (November 2013)
• IV “KinoMay” Saint-Petersburg Children’s and Youth Film Festival (Russia)
— Prize for Revelance of the Topic (November 2013)
• Amur Autumn Festival of Cinema and Theater (Russia)
-- the Film Press award (September 2013)
• Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival (Armenia)
— Prize for the “realistic portrayal of contemporary social issues” (July 2013)